- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 480 or greater
- Processor: Intel i5-4590/AMD Ryzen 5 1500X or greater
- Memory: 8GB+ DDR4
- Operating System: Windows 10
- USB Ports: 1 x USB 3.0 Port (The Rift Requires 3 x USB 3.0 Ports)
- Video Output: Compatible Mini Displayport video output (Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adapter included with Rift S)
As you can see, the specs aren’t massively different from the minimum to the recommended. This being said, I wouldn’t recommend these from a VR build point of view. Firstly, for a few dollars more, you can get a much more versatile, all-around build. Secondly, the future of VR is undoubtedly going to be more demanding. For that reason, we would recommend something quite a bit more powerful.
That moves us nicely onto what budgets we have in mind, so let’s crunch some figures.