WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Nintendo loves dropping surprise reveal livestreams on us with 24-hour notice, so it’s not a shock that many people find themselves playing catchup afterward. Luckily for you, we’re a dedicated bunch of folks here at WePC, so we’ve put together this comprehensive list of everything revealed at the Nintendo World Indie Showcase from May 2022. Now you don’t have to spend 20 minutes watching the VOD. Aren’t we the best?
Everything Revealed at the Nintendo Indie World Showcase May 2022
One of the first things shown off this time was Ooblets, an adorable farming game that we’ve known about for a little while. Still, it was nice getting some confirmation. On the plus side, we did get a fair few interesting-looking indies heading to the Switch over the next few years, even if that one game everyone wanted to show up didn’t make an appearance.
- Ooblets – Cutesy farming sim where you raise living fruits and vegetables and interact with townsfolk. 2022.
- Batora Lost Haven – Isometric sci-fi RPG that combined top-down hack and slash with twin-sticks shooters. 2022.
- Elec Head – Puzzle game that bears some similarities to VVVVV but without the focus on hardcore platforming
- Soundfall – A top-down twin-sticks rhythm shooter with some awesome animation and a co-op mode. 2022.
- Wildfrost – A digital card game that also featured elements of town-building and various RPG elements. No release date.
- TABS – The totally accurate battle simulator is finally coming to Nintendo Switch. Summer 2022.
- Gunbrella – An action platformer that gives you a hybrid gun-umbrella. What’s not to love. 2023.
- We Are OFK – Probably the first video game band biopic ever made, finally announced for switch. 2022.
- Silt – Puzzle platformer set deep underwater. Looks a lot like Limbo but with fish instead of spiders. June 2022.
- Mini Motorways – Another puzzle title that has you organize a city’s motorways efficiency. Available now.
- Wayward Strand – Adventure game set in 1970s Australia with a teenage journalist called Casey as the main character. July 21st, 2022.
- Cult of the Lamb – Randomly generated village-builder where you also have to go into dungeons periodically. 2022.
- Another Crab’s Treasure – A soulslike game where you control a crab from the developers of Aggro Crab. 2023.
Something is Missing
As well as the announcements and reveals made above, Nintendo also had a fast-paced sizzle reel right at the end. While this barrage of new games was welcomed, it was still a shame for many to see no mention of Hollow Knight Silksong, the much anticipated follow-up to 2017’s Hollow Knight. It seems likely that Nintendo are saving it for the next proper Nintendo Direct, presumably in June. You can check out the VOD for yourself above if you want to directly see everything revealed at Nintendo Indie World May 2022.